Wednesday, April 30, 2008

ATL




So I flew into Atlanta on Tuesday evening. I was very grateful that my sister, Sara was able to pick me up at the airport and then the two of us went to dinner at a place called Tap. Very cool little pub, we sat outside and it was a beautiful night. The next morning, we went to breakfast, (her treat) at The flying Biscuit. I had always wanted to go to this place and it was great! My dad then came and picked me up after picking up his good friend at the airport. My dad was playing in the Member/Guest Golf tourney at the Country club that weekend, so his friend was in town for that. So I went home and did some work and spent some time with my mom and out by the pool...nice!! That night I met up with my friends (yes the preggers ones) downtown. We had a good visit and of course the visit was accompanied by some Mexican food! I asked them both about a million questions (poor them...but yes I am very inquisitive!)It was great to catch up with them. It is funny because they are in such different places in their lives than when I moved away!

The next day, Thursday, I spent ALL day in Athens. I watched the NCAA prelims with my friend Abbey. I sat with the LSU folks, so that was kind of annoying, but I was glad because they made it to the finals for the first time ever. My club coach is the assistant coach there now and so I was happy for him, and to have a new team in the finals! Arkansas competed as a team and PSU also had a girl competing in the all around, so I got to cheer her on as well (although I dont think she heard me). She was fun to watch and even made finals on beam! After the meet I got to spend time with Steve and jess, my coaches from PSU. We got a quick bite to eat and then went back for more gymnastics. I watched the meet with Jen, who is the trainer at Arkansas and so we got to catch up!

Let's see, Friday, I worked and met up with my bosses for a couple hours to catch up on some things. Its always good to see them! Then I headed back to Athens for the finals of the NCAAs...I sat with Jen again and then went out to dinner with Jess and Tracey (another former coach from PSU). It was so great getting to spend time with them, although I am sure I talked their ears off! I miss them!! It was such a cool weekend, as I saw SO many people from my past and I swear I feel like it was all yesterday! Amazing how time flies!

Well, then Saturday I got up and went to a few shops with my mom and then Trish came over. We hung out by the pool and watched the NFL Draft. My dad and his friend David hung out (well napped) with us. That night Trish, sara and I went to one of my favorite restaurants, Stoney river...our parents treated us to dinner. It was YUMMY! After dinner, we went back and hung outside with the parents and chatted.

It was a very nice week, very busy but still at the same time relaxing. I enjoyed getting to see so many people! Wow....I am sure this was all TMI right?

Anyways, I better get back to work!

1 comment:

Kate Parker said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Sorry we missed you! Next time, hopefully.