So another weekend and another work trip! They need to schedule these things during the week!! Oh well...I am at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville for the National Association of Elementary School Principal's annual conference. I got here on Friday and I will head out tomorrow (Monday). The first day did not seem too great, but I think I could have gotten some good leads from today. One more day tomorrow...then I get to be back at home for ten days!
So I am staying in an $800/night suite because when I first got here, the room they put me in smelled like puke. Now, I do have a supersonic nose as Aaron claims, but this was NOT just me. I had the housekeeping people come in and spray some stuff and it temporarily helped, but ultimately I couldnt stay in there. So they moved me to this SWEET SUITE (GET IT? j/k that was bad). No more puke smell and I even got a free buffet out of it. I will have to use that in the morning!
Oh also, today the keynote speakers at the conference were Mary Matalin and James Carville. I decided to go, I typically never go to these things, but I am pretty into the politics stuff so I thought it would be interesting. I had no idea they were married! But it was well worth it to go, they were very entertaining and it was very cool to hear pretty extreme sides of both parties!
Anyways, I am off to have some dinner with some girls that are working the booth next to me. They were nice and invited me because they always ask me what I did last night and I say, "hung out in my room." Must have felt bad for me. Thought I would try and be social tonight!
Thats all for now!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment