Monday, May 5, 2008

A Day in Court

So on Friday I went down to the Criminal Justice Center (where Aaron works) to go have lunch with him and see where he works and meet some of his co-workers. I was reluctant to head downtown as I have never really gone down there before, but with the help of my new navigation system, it was a piece of cake! Aaron didn't know for sure if I was coming or not, so I decided to just show up. So I walked into his court and he had already pretty much finished up for the day, so I really didn't get to see him in action. I met the judge who is in his court and then some co-workers and I went to lunch. It was good to meet the people he is always talking about. After lunch, he asked if I wanted to go watch a capital murder case...i was like OF COURSE! 48 Hour Mystery in real life...I wasn't going to pass that up. This is part of what Aaron gets to do on a daily basis..because watching felony trials is beneficial to him! I thought it was very interesting....there is a link to a video (click on the title) if you are interested in hearing about the Hispanic (in the country illegally) who shot and killed a cop 8 times in the head from the backseat of a cop car in handcuffs after being pulled over. He is pleading not guilty on the basis of insanity. Nice...

Anyways, it was very cool to see Aaron at work and I think it would be a very interesting and exciting job to have!

No comments: