Saturday, May 24, 2008

Can't Sleep


Look at my cute hubby!

Well I am up late tonight for some reason and not able to fall asleep. So I thought I would spit out some randomness :) We have spent the last two nights with Nicholas, our friend who has cancer. I worked from home today and was able to go get him breakfast (his favorite, kolaches and doughnuts) and just let him hang out all day while I worked. It makes you feel good, hoping that you are making things better for him. Tonight though, I thought my heart was going to break. Long story short, we were at his house to pick him up for the night and he was supposed to get this shot, apparently an antibody shot, to boost his immune system. He has to do this every day. Well typically you put some cream on to numb it for an hour before you do the shot. He really wanted to come with us so they went inside and did it. Aww, the poor thing came out just covering his face with his hat, because he didn't want us to know that he was crying. But he just got in the car and said, it hurts so bad, it burns. Just broke my heart, seeing him go through this and the worst part is that it is not going to get any easier. So again, please keep him in your prayers!

On a lighter note, I am very excited for Memorial Day weekend....nice to get a break from work and just enjoy some relaxation time! We don't have too many plans right now, but I am sure we will stay busy! It sure is getting HOT here though! WOW! Oh and one other thing, I have to brag again on my hubby...he had a review from his first court chief and it was just an awesome review. He works so hard and loves his job and I am jsut super proud of him!

Oh and the pics are of him still rocking out to Rock Band...him and Nicholas really love this game!

Alright well I am going to try and get some sleep! Hope you all have a great long weekend!

No comments: