Phew...am I glad to be back! Aaron and I had a great time in New Orleans. It was fun to get away and just be with each other 24/7! We don't get to do that too often and we certainly wont be doing that here shortly...We visited the D-Day/World War II Museum..which was very interesting except that being 8 months pregnant and on my feet made it a little less enjoyable for me. I had to have a nap that afternoon and then was in bed by 9:00 that night! The little things that do you in...MAN!
We also were able to frequent Harrah's Casino several times...we tried to go on off times when it was not really smoky. Ofcourse we did not come away winners...well Aaron won $50 bucks and walked with it, but I am good at "spending" my "winnings." I always have fun in the process though!
We made it out to Bourbon street one night as well. When I say out, I mean we had dinner at a local cajun restaurant. It was good food, and we then got to watch the beginning of a Friday night on bourbon Street. It is nuts there! We didn't hang out...not really a place for a pregnant woman! But we were glad we got to see it. I think I walked about 4 miles to and from Bourbon so needless to say I was spent again!
We also were staying right near where Regis and Kelly were going to be hosting their show this week so we took a picture while they were setting up.
As for the work part of the trip...the conference was SOOO slow. The economy has totally impacted the trade show industry and it was the slowest conference I have ever worked. It was SOOOOO great having Aaron there with me to work and help out. He was great!
So it was a fun trip, a tiring trip, but an enjoyable one. I love my hubby...we are getting so excited for the weeks ahead!

No comments:
Post a Comment