Aaron had his second interview with the District Attorney's office on Wednesday and he said that he thought he did well, but it was definitely tough. So now we wait again :) Well Aaron had to resubmit a letter to his file that was sent last year when he applied to the District Attorney's office. One of his law professors wrote this letter of recommendation for Aaron and I had forgotten how nice it was. I had to post cause it makes me proud :) See Letter below:
November 6, 2006
Honorable Charles A. Rosenthal, Jr.
District Attorney
Harris County
1201 Franklin, Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77002
Dear Mr. Rosenthal:
I want to take this opportunity to highly recommend for your consideration one of my former litigation students, Mr. Aaron White, for employment in your office as an assistant district attorney. I taught Mr. White during the spring semester of his second year at Georgia State University School of Law. The litigation class is an intensive program in which students start at the beginning of the first class interviewing potential clients or victims of a crime and conclude on the last weekend of the semester by conducting a mock trial from beginning to end.
I observed Mr. White interview clients, argue motions, examine and cross examine witnesses, and make opening and closing arguments. Mr. White performed so well that he was recognized as the outstanding litigation student that semester.
I am familiar with the talents that are necessary to be an effective prosecutor. I was a prosecutor for 23 years and served the last 12 as the elected district attorney of DeKalb County, Georgia’s second largest judicial circuit. I retired two years ago to teach and enter private practice.
I believe our paths crossed during my tenure as district attorney. I taught at the National College of District Attorneys in both Houston and Columbia. I also served as a vice-president of the National District Attorneys Association. One of my most enjoyable experiences was going to Houston at the invitation of Detective Bill Walsh and teaching your prosecutors how to prosecute child homicide cases.
Although I am thoroughly enjoying the private practice of law and teaching, I do miss watching young talented prosecutors grow and develop into great litigators for justice. Mr. White is certainly someone I would hire if I were still serving as district attorney. I hope that you give Mr. White serious consideration because I know he has the skills and the desire to be a great prosecutor.
If you have any questions regarding Mr. White please give me a call.
Very truly yours,
J. Tom Morgan
Partner
JTM:jm
One another note...we are resubmitting an offer for the house that we want. We walked through again yesterday and just loved it even more the second time! We cant wait to hear back :)
Thats all for now!
Friday, November 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Mare! I love being able to check into your blog and get an update on the White family. You are over your biggest hurdles now - the rest is pretty much easy by comparision to the move and the law stuff. It's all good - I'm havng dinner with your Mom and Dad tomorrow night. Looking forward. Love you - AK
Post a Comment