Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another Letter

Okay so we have been cleaning up and organizing some stuff and I came across this letter that was written on Aaron's behalf from the Dean at University of Arkansas Law School when he was trying to transfer to Georgia State. They had to have like 3 letters of recommendation I believe. I re-read it and I just had to post this one as well....it is especially meaningful to Aaron as the Dean passed away about 6 months after he wrote this letter for Aaron. I feel like a mom who would be bragging on her kids!

Dear Sir of Madam:

I like all that I know about Aaron White: his work ethic, his character, his intellect, his personality. He will, I am certain, draw on these attributes to forge a particularly successful career as a lawyer. Should he transfer, the Law School will lose one of the students I hold in the very highest regard. I taught Aaron Property A and B this past year, visited with him frequently outside the classroom, and write to you with confidence that I know him well. He never missed a class, was invariably well-prepared, his responses were always informed, and his enthusiasm was unfailing. He has a quick and easy smile, an excellent sense of humor, and an openness to serious consideration of divergent points of view.

My sense is that he exacts of himself adherence to especially rigorous ethical standards but does not come across as the least bit self-righteous. I delight in his company, believe he has potential for significant leadership in the legal community, would be immensely proud to claim him as a graduate of this Law School, and deeply regret that he is considering transferring. Your decision to accept him would be one which you would subsequently view with great satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Richard B. Atkinson, Dean
University of Arkansas School of Law

:)

No comments: