Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend in Dallas


I was in Dallas this past weekend for a Bachelorette weekend...Chandra, a friend from grad school is getting married next month. Keisha, another friend from grad school lives in Dallas and hosted the weekend. It was ALOT of fun...despite the troubles I encountered over the weekend. I flew in on Friday afternoon and we went to the Texas Rangers game that night. I developed acid reflux/heart burn prior to the game and it stayed with me for about 8 hours! It was not fun....now I get this stuff ALOT so it is not something new, but enough already!! I finally downed about 20 tums at the end of the night and felt better.

Saturday, we got up and Keisha cooked us an awesome breakfast and we had mimosas. We then went shopping for a bit and ended up at a Hawaiian Nail Bar, where I got a pedicure and decided to get my lip waxed, which was a HUGE mistake as you can see from the picture above. It felt fine initially, but as soon as I headed out in the sun it felt like I had been burnt! I am in the back seat, just getting redder and redder. Keisha and Chandra have their sunglasses on and insist it is not that bad until I took a picture to see for myself...wow, it was BAD! It was even swollen and I had to put ice on it! NICE.

So I was able to cover that up to go out that night. We went to NINE steakhouse and had a dinner that totaled $612! And then on our way out, my camera dropped and will no longer turn on! Third downer for the weekend! I had some great pics on there for Cha, so I will have to get them off at some point! We ended up at Ghost Bar, which was pretty cool. And needless to say about 5 shots, 4 beers and one glass of wine later (and this was just my intake) I was good to go! We had fun..and ended the night at Taco Cabana!

It was a fun, yet exhausting weekend, so I am playing catch up now!

I am headed to Atlanta this weekend for work and to see the family! Should be fun.

1 comment:

Kate Parker said...

LOL.

That looks painful! Hope you're healed now. :)