Okay so apparently the phenomenon that is "Rock Band" has hit my house. For those of you who are not educated on the XBOX 360, or any video game system for that matter, it is literally like karaoke, but with drums and guitars as well. I am not sure who the target market was when creating this product, but the intricacies involved with being able to play the guitar and drums seems to me that it was created for the big kids at heart. Basically what happens is you have to follow the notes on the tv and you play the bass/guitar or drums in the song (you can also sing). You can get booed off the stage based on poor performance. That is all I know about how to play. I have not tried yet and think I will need some margaritas to get me into it.
Well Aaron has played at Best Buy before and I have kindly had to tell him at times, that there are actual kids in line to play :) He then played with Nicholas, who is a 13 year old and also my best friend Courtney and her husband Erwin have one and they were addicted. So Aaron thought he needed to get one for himself. I must say it has been quite entertaining watching him belt out his favorite songs and also playing the guitar as if he was really up there on stage. The pictures don't do the actual playing justice...Aaron's friend Jason had to come over to check it out the first night. We do plan on having some rock Band parties at some point, where there will be some appletinis or margaritas on hand.

No comments:
Post a Comment