Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Latest Venture



I can't believe I have not written about this yet. Well wait a minute, yes, yes I can believe that I have not written about it yet. As if I didn't have enough going on in my life with working full time while undertaking the task of watching a one year old, I decided to add something else to my plate.

I have decided to start my own biz with the company Stella and Dot. It is a jewelry company if you have never heard of it. It started like this:

Back when I was about 4 months preggers and my mom was in town visiting me, we were shopping or I guess you could say looking confused at Babys R Us. While confused, a girl, who had an 8 month old at the time, offered to help us with our indecisiveness. She was GREAT and so helpful. We were very appreciative and we both thought what a nice girl she was! She gave me her card as she was doing a little bit of photography on the side. Her name was Lisa Beich (pronounced Bike). So that was that.

Well fast forward about a year and a half and my sister in law invites me to a neighbor's jewelry party. I thought, what the heck? That might be fun. So I go and I see a card on the catalogs and it says Lisa Beich. Sure enough, my friend from Baby's R Us was selling Stella and Dot Jewelry. We had a fun reunion over jewelry and I even offered to host a trunk show for her. Well, after the show, I couldn't stop thinking about the jewelry, about the opportunity, and about how much fun it could be....a little wine, hanging out with girls and a little extra cash? Not to mention I LOVE the jewelry! And, I have always been intrigued by such businesses, but what sold me on this one was that there is no LONG presentation...but just a shopping experience and also, the jewelry is shipped directly to the customer, rather than the hostess having to deliver everything!

So I contacted Lisa and asked her a BUNCH of questions and lo and behold I am now a Stella and Dot Independent Stylist. I am SOOOO excited about this new opportunity. While I am still working full time, I was itching for something that would help me get a little more of a social life. It's hard not leaving your house all day sometimes. I realize I am lucky to be home with the little one, but a little time out is good too! So anyways, I got signed up and actually hosted my first trunk show while in Atlanta over Memorial Day weekend. It was soo much fun. I have since had my first party here in Houston, and it went good as well. So far so good. I still have a lot to learn, but I am very enthusiastic and eager to get this going!



If you are in need of some fun new jewels, please visit my website (There is even a bridal boutique as well as an adorable Little Girl's Line):
http://www.stelladot.com/sites/mariawhite

Also, if this sounds like something you might be interested in too, let me know!!

So there, now you know! It only took me nearly two months to write about!

No comments: