Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where did this year go?

4 years ago today Aaron and I got married....oh how I remember that day like it was yesterday. And here we are celebrating our 4th anniversary! This time of year is so crazy...I have so much going on....but tonight Aaron and I were able to celebrate the anniversary at the exact same cozy little Italian restaurant (at the exact same table) that we celebrated at last year. Although last year at this time, the circumstances were a little different. I was about to burst...I was going in for an induction the next night. Tonight brought it all back to me. We did some reminiscing over dinner and just enjoyed being together, just the two of us as it was only a year ago! Aaron also brought me a dozen roses and a sweet card. My sister Trish is here in town (she came to visit during Abigail's bday!) and she babysat Abigail so we could enjoy a night out. Thanks Tee, we had a great time!

....And keeping up with the theme of the title of this post, I can use it again with our precious little daughter.

Tomorrow Abigail turns ONE. How did this happen? Where did the year go? A year ago right now I was lying in a hospital bed with a pitocin drip trying to progress my labor along. Abigail was still in my belly....we didn't even know SHE was a SHE. And now, she is nearly walking, talking, cutting teeth, eating normal people food and has such the little personality. It is amazing the changes that occur in just a year. I can't seem to wrap my brain around it and I will admit I am struggling with her being more a toddler now than an infant. At this rate, I may need to have a dozen kids because I love the newborn/infant stage and get way too nostalgic about them growing up. (YES I KNOW I NEED TO GET A GRIP!...She is ONE not going to college, YET! But at this rate that does seem to be in the near future). Does this mean I am ready for another??

In saying all that, there are some things that are nice about this age...less nursing (in fact, hardly any at all anymore!), lots of laughing, she is starting to "get" things, no explosive poops (however I may trade the smells of solid poops to the non-smelly explosive ones). On a side note, you know you are a mom when you are writing about poop. Anyways, I am definitely not complaining about this age....it has been so much fun so far. I guess I just need to do a better job at enjoying each day rather than being sad about how fast the days are flying by me!!

What a difference a year makes!

I have some catching up to do on here...will do soon, but been super busy lately! Will post some pics of the one year old too!

No comments: