Sunday, June 20, 2010

Celebrations Recap...

I have been busy to say the least. We had a number of celebrations that all happened pretty much at once over the last couple weeks. I am just now getting around to posting about them! I will have to try and keep it as short as possible so I can actually get to bed tonight!

First, we went to Atlanta for about a week (well, Aaron joined us for our last 3 days). We got to spend some fun quality time with Aunt Sara, Aunt Trish (and her new mainstay, Gray), and of course Nana and Papa. We tried out the pool on several occasions. This was Abigail's first experience in a big pool and she was not a fan of it to say the least at first! But gradually we were able to ease her into becoming a fan of it.



Sara was in Atlanta prior to leaving for South Africa for two months for the world cup. She was not going to be around for my actual birthday so she invited me to go see Sex and the City 2 and do dinner with her one night. We had a really nice time at the movie and Trish even met up with us for dinner at Taco Mac (my favorite!!!).


The next night the girls (sans Abigail, who stayed at home with Papa, the babysitter!) went out for a belated Mother's Day dinner. We went to Lucianos and had a really nice time. It was good to chit chat and catch up with the Taylor girls! We came home to a precious little sleeping Abigail. Papa did a great job babysitting!





We celebrated Abigail's first birthday and my cousin's little girl's (Ella) 5th birthday with family. We had a nice cook out and Abigail tried cupcakes for the first time. She was definitely a fan of them! Abigail got a bunch of fun gifts, including some fabulous new clothes and ELMO!!


After this party, was my birthday. I had a really nice day...got to spend it shopping with my sister Trish and Abigail. We started out the shopping at Chilis (which if you know me, you know that has been my favorite restaurant for years...go figure!). After opening some fun new clothes and getting a cookie cake, Aaron and I were able to go out to Stoney River for dinner that night. This would be another one of my favorite restaurants, but a little bit nicer than Chilis! We really enjoyed it!



So Atlanta was fun and we had a great time...the flight back to Houston was much less eventful than the horrible one I had on the way to Atlanta where Abigail had decided to scream, cry and even choke the entire way there. She decided to behave much better when I had help with me.

Two days after we got back to Houston, Trish flew into Houston to celebrate Abigail's actual birthday. She got in on June 3rd...which also happened to be our anniversary! She babysat for us so we were able to go to this cute little Italian restaurant (I think I already posted briefly about this!).


The next day was Abigail's REAL birthday...so I had scheduled professional pictures to be taken. Trish and I gathered up some fun new outfits and took Abigail to this side street where there were some cobblestone streets and little picket fences. Abigail decided NOT to smile the entire time, but we did end up with some really neat shots from the day. After pictures, we thought we would go surprise her Daddy up at work. Aaron was able to go to lunch with us, so that was fun! He was very excited to be able to spend that time with Abigail on her birthday. The rest of the day/evening was spent getting ready for Abigail's party the next morning. It was at this point that I was asking myself WHY I had decided to do this. This is where Trish and Aaron came to the rescue. Together they helped my stressed out self pull it together and they were TREMENDOUS help. I was so thankful to have Trish here to help and keep me sane :) Thanks TEE!!

The birthday party turned out great and in the end I was SOO happy that we did it. I know Abigail wont remember it, but we certainly will and we did get some great pictures from the day!






So in a nutshell, that is what had been consuming a lot of my time...I will do some more posts in the next couple days to continue to update!

That's all for now :)

No comments: