Wow, I sure am behind in the blogging world. I haven't even posted on our trip to Washington DC. So here is the short of it....I had to go for work. Aaron was able to come with me with Abigail, which equals semi-family vacation. I tell you, I would have been going crazy if I didn't have them there with me. The conference was LONG hours and really not too much traffic throughout the day so it was pretty uneventful as far as that goes.
Aaron got in some great bonding time with Abigail. He was able to see a day in the life of me and he did great. He took her out during the day all through out Washington. He would bring her over to visit me at the convention center and so that I could feed her. One night they picked me up and we walked about a mile or so to see the White House. You can't go to DC and skip out on the White House can you? It was very cool to see and we are glad we made the trek. (although my feet were not at the time as I had only packed nice "work" shoes trying to be practical with my packing. What was I thinking?) We stayed in the China Town area and were not that impressed with the restaurant selection. It was alot of little lunch places and of course Chinese restaurants. We had to be picky as we had a baby with us....we actually almost ended up in Hooters one of the nights..would that have been inappropriate to take a 6 month old? Oh well...the last night we took a cab into Georgetown...we had a nice dinner (EARLY since it was Friday) and then we walked around and went into some of the shops. It is a really cool area and it was fun to get out and see some of it! Usually I am in town at these things by myself and I don't really venture out too much.
Overall it was a great trip...we had some great family time and the weather was actually VERY mild for the time of year. Abigail was just an angel and really made the trip so enjoyable (could have been the opposite if she had been crank pants the whole time). She was great on both flights as well. Traveling with Aaron and her is so much better than me traveling alone with her! Thank you Aaron for going with me and making the trip so much better than a solo trip :)

No comments:
Post a Comment