Thursday, November 5, 2009

RICE CEREAL....IT'S NOT SO GREAT TO MEET YOU


We have been trying to give Abigail some rice cereal and it doesn't appear that she loves it...yet. I am determined though and will continue to try it with her. The consistency of it right now is pretty much liquid still so it is MESSY. The first time that she tried it she didn't really seem to mind, but she didn't seem to hate it. She did spit it out each time. I actually uploaded video of her first time trying it. The picture is also of her first trial.

Since the first time, I have tried it again and her distaste for it seems to grow. She now arches her back and throws her head back over the bumbo chair. I try and sneak some in when her head is back, but she does not seem to be a fan. We will see....maybe my timing is off?

Anyways, I am thinking I am going to try and introduce some other foods soon as Aaron and I are heading to Washington D.C. soon with her for work and it will be easier if she is eating more than just milk!

2 comments:

Kate Parker said...

Alice hated the rice cereal (and all the other cereals, too) and only started to eat when we fed her yogurt. After that...she was hooked!

Good luck!

Nikki, Ryan, Connor & Aidan said...

Try adding a touch of pureed apples to the cereal. Of course, give them to her first by themselves to check for allergies. Rice cereal and formula smells gross to me, so I can only imagine what it may taste like. Connor ate it, but someone told me if you add a bit of apples to it, it tastes better. Just an idea ;) Good luck!