I am just having so much fun with Abigail. She wakes up smiling and from that point on I am happy. I am happy to change her diaper first thing in the morning. I am happy to feed her however many times a day I need to feed her. I am happy to be spit up on and drooled on. I am happy to change her explosion poop diapers. I am happy to fold her infinite loads of laundry. I am happy to play with her whenever she wants. I am happy to bathe her. I am happy to get up in the middle of the night if she is crying (maybe frustrated at first, but when she is smiling up at me when she sees me, there is no longer frustration). I am happy to console her, hold her and rock her until she is content. There is just this sense of selflessness that comes over you and you will do whatever it is she wants. (Now this could get me in trouble later on...but for now, I do whatever I can!) I just love it. I love being a Mom and I am so blessed to have such an amazing daughter. She makes my heart melt...
Okay, so for some reason I am sappy tonight! But I just have had this feeling lately and wanted to express it! We had a really nice evening. It was rainy and stormy out and so we lit some candles and Aaron did a great job carving our pumpkin for Abigail's first Halloween. Mommy then played dress up with Abigail and got some cute pics...see below! It is so much fun doing all of this stuff with Abigail..I better just try and enjoy it as much as I can because it is flying by. She will be 5 months old next week! I can't believe it. She is starting to get some teeth and woke up tonight in some pain (I think) because of her teeth. Poor little thing..I hated seeing her like that. I busted out the tylenol and some oral numbing stuff. Hopefully she will be able to sleep the rest of the night.
Anyways, I am off to bed..just wanted to share my thoughts and pics from the night!

No comments:
Post a Comment