Saturday, August 22, 2009

Abigail's First Trip to the ATL







Well we had several firsts here...Abigail went on her first airplane trip, she visited Atlanta for the first time, and she met alot of new family and friends! It was a very nice week in Atlanta. I flew back with Trish after she had been visiting in Houston. I was not wanting to make the trip by myself for the first time. Surprisingly, Abigail was really good on the airplane. She slept the entire way..I was so thankful! I did NOT want to be THAT person on the plane with the screaming baby. I have a feeling that one day I will be that mom, but I survived it this time.

It was kind of a busy week...I had to work and I also wanted to see as many people as I could. My mom was great and watched Abigail a bunch so that I could get some work done. I was able to introduce Abigail to my bosses and some other co workers that I had worked with in Atlanta. I was able to go see one of my best friends, Abbey at her house. We got to see her two little girls who are just precious! Abbey wanted to do some pictures of Abigail and I was SOOO excited. They turned out SOO great. I really appreciate her doing that. I will post a few separately in another post. My mom came with me and got to see Abbey's mom as well...it was definitely a fun little reunion.

I also got to see my Aunt Kathy and Cousin Kate and her two little girls. They came over and we had a little bit of swim time and just hanging out. It was neat seeing all the kids together, although I was bummed, we didnt get a picture of all of them together! Thanks for coming over guys!!

I also got to see my friend from high school, Erin...we went out to dinner with her boyfriend. It was my first time meeting him and I think they are a great couple. He is a really nice guy! It was fun catching up with her and ofcourse, introducing her to Abigail.

We were able to hang out with Trish too...she came over to my parent's a few times and the last night, I went out to eat with her and one of her friends who has a little boy. She gave me lots of mommy tips.

At the end of the week, my wonderful hubby actually flew to Atlanta on Saturday, met me in the airport and helped me fly back...as I said, I didnt want to do the first trip alone. Thanks Aaron :)

Anyways, it was a fun trip...great hospitality....but man, we were exhausted. It was good to get back and get back on a routine.

No comments: