Well its safe to say that I am hooked! I swear I LOVE the athlete stories and it doesnt even matter what sport it is! I have been avidly watching the gymnastics. I was very excited for the men's team to get the bronze. One of the USA team members was actually on the Penn State Gymnastics Team and is now the coach there. I felt so bad for Alicia Sacramone, who had two falls in the women's team final. She will probably never be able to let it go! I mean, the pressure was immense, but at the same time, she should have been using her mental CUES!! Poor girl!
The Michael Phelps craze is getting to be a bit much! I mean, he ROCKS, but I don't think that they have to interview him after every race and then ask all his teammates about his gold quest during the team relays!! He is pretty phenomenal though!
My sister Sara is over in Beijing working like crazy right now! OH HEY SAY!! Miss you tons!
On a more serious note, our wedding planner and a great friend of my sister, Sara, Tamuna is from the Republic of Georgia and had just recently moved back there to be with her family. She came back for vacation right before the whole conflict between Russia and Georgia broke out. Her brother in law and cousins (I think) all had to go to war and she can only sit and watch from afar! Please keep her and her family in your prayers! She actually appeared on CNN the other day to talk about the situation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRZ6RgBk0U
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment