In short...Abigail was sick for nearly two weeks. We ended up in the ER one Saturday night due to a sudden high fever & rapid breathing. Overcautious parents you may call us, but we were ONLY doing what the pediatrician had said to do. Count her breaths per minute and if over 50, then go to the ER. So we did just that. We did best out of 12 and came out each time with bpm over 50! They do all sorts of tests...for pneumonia, UTI, RSV and regular flu, but she came out with a clean bill of health. They said probably just a virus. So home we go. Fast forward about two days and fever is gone but she breaks out into a rash all over her. So to the pediatrician we go. What does/did she have? Roseola. Apparently to all non-moms or soon-to-be moms out there, this is a VERY common illness in little kids and at some point your child will likely get this...so you dont have to panic and take your child to the ER like we did. But, how were we to know??? So we think..oh good, she will be on the mend now. RIght? Nope. She comes down with a super runny nose and cough next.
My mom came into town during this illness segment. She was able to visit and help me take care of Abigail so I could get some stuff done for work. We had a nice time and she even got to make a trip to the pediatrician with us! If you are keeping track, yes that is 3 times to the doctor in about a week and a half. Anyways, my mom, Abigail and I were going to be flying to Atlanta to visit my family and I wanted to get her ears checked out. Again...she was fine. No complaints there, but still...enough doctor visits for me for awhile. (Well...not true as I do have to take her to her 9 month well visit this week).
Anyways, we flew to Atlanta and Abigail did great except she has decided against bottles these days. So what does that mean? Nursing in public on the plane. Not one of my favorite things to do...but I am sure the people probably prefer me to keep the baby quiet. :) Atlanta was fun, we had a nice visit with Aunt Trish and more fun with Nana and Papa. We got to celebrate Trish's birthday with her, did a mini-early-birthday celebration for Papa, saw my friends Ashley & Erin, went to a UGA gymnastics meet, saw one of Tee's basketball games, had playdates with some of my best friends growing up (Abbey, Brooke & their kids), and we even stayed an extra day due to some snow!!
All in all it was a great trip..nice to see everyone. But I have to say now I am EXHAUSTED. Having a sickie for that long can wreak havoc on a daily routine! I am trying to get us all back into some sort of schedule. We completely spoiled the sickie by letting her sleep with us and now we are paying for it! Oh well, I am sure it could be worse!
So I am putting up some recent pics (some are out of order of when they were taken due to some being from my phone) and am off to write my Christmas Thank yous...Yep and its only March!





1 comment:
Thanks for the update, Maria! I can't believe that Abigail is 9 months old! Connor's birthday is this Saturday. Time flies!
Post a Comment