Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Little Sickie


Sick? I know, she doesn't LOOK sick here, but she had all the symptoms of being sick. So what does a first-time mom do? Yep. Doctor. I think that I will definitely be a frequent visitor to the office, at least with this first little one! Aaron started feeling sick last weekend. Abigail got the sniffles and I thought, hmmmm...well it's just the sniffles. But the next day when she started coughing, I felt like I should take her in. I also started feeling a little sick myself that day. Fun stuff.

So we get to the doctor and find out that Abigail has her first cold :) But the doctor reassured me that it was FINE to bring her in for a cold as it was her first one and now I know how to manage it. So what do we do for Abigail? Saline drops and a nose sucker and a humidifier. I think she is doing much better and the humidifier is actually helping all of us. We were lucky to borrow one from a friend. So all in all, we made it through her first "sickness" and I don't feel like an idiot for going to the doctor for it.

No comments: